Why Mobile Grooming?
- Door-to-door Service : Custom designed van comes conveniently to your door!
- Convenience: You can stay home, no more driving in unpredictable traffic with an anxious pet in the car.
- Less Hassle: No more rearranging your whole day around dropping off and picking up your pet.
- Professionalism: Your dog is given the groomer’s undivided time and attention.
- Less Stress: More familiar, quiet setting reduces stress for your pet, especially for those with separation anxieties, no other pets , no cages , faster service.
- Cleanliness: Your pet is the only animal in the salon at the time, preventing contamination from other animals, disease, insects and parasites.
- No Car Sickness: No more car-sick pets and mess on the way to (and from) the salon.
- Safety: No crates or crate-drying and no other dogs.
- Flexibility: We work with your schedule.
- Quicker Service: Your pet is groomed from start to finish at the time of your appointment, usually in a couple of hours or less!
How often should my dog be groomed?
We recommend every 4 to 6 weeks. Weekly appointments are also available.
The ASPCA recommends regularly brushing their coat and fur, washing their skin, cleaning their eyes, teeth, nails, and coat on a regular basis.
Matted hair is a painful condition commonly seen in dogs which causes discomfort and can lead to more severe health risks. Grooming is a vital part in the well-being and healthiness of a dog which can improve their lifespan. How much grooming a dog needs depends on its breed, age, and health. Regular grooming helps to ensure the dog is healthy and comfortable.
Do you need to use my electricity or hose?
No, Our van is fully equipped with a generator for electricity and a 50-gallon freshwater reservoir. A separate 50-gallon tank holds dirty (but entirely biodegradable) soapy water, which we empty back at our office. On very rare occasions, we may have to ask to borrow your garden hose to refill the freshwater tank…. but it is not typical of us to do so.
How long does the grooming take?
Typically anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Times are based on the size of the pet, coat condition, hair length, pet temperament and behavior, etc. (very hairy and/or bigger dogs understandably take longer)
Is warm water used?
Yes, the van holds 50 gallons of fresh, heated water.
Doesn’t frequent bathing dry out the skin and coat?
Nope! We use very mild, hypoallergenic and medicated shampoos and conditioners that are safe to be used once a week.
Can I have my pet washed in my own shampoo?
We’ll be happy to use any preferred pet-safe or veterinarian prescribed shampoo, as long as it is designed for and safe to use on pets.
How long until I can get an appointment?
We can usually book your appointment within days, we do give priority to our clients scheduled on a regular basis. However, there are times during the year which become very busy and it is recommended to schedule as far as 2 weeks ahead.